Marsabit Security Operation Recovers Illegal Weapons

0
263

The government’s security operation in Marsabit county has so far recovered over 200 illegal guns and 3000 ammunitions.

Speaking in Marsabit on his tour to assess the situation, Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i said the operation will still go on until all estimated 5000 guns are retrieved.

The CS revealed that the operation will be a long-term security strategy beyond the general election in a bid to mop up all illegal weapons in the region.

“We need to recover more guns, we will review this operation when we have around 3000 or so guns because we believe there are still many more guns,” said Matiang’i.

Mating’i lauded community leaders for their continued contribution to the ongoing peace initiatives in the County.

He promised to involve the community and elected leaders to help in achieving sustainable peace in the region.

While meeting businessmen in the county, he promised to review the enforced curfew only if the progress of the operation will be positive.

However, the CS said the dawn to dusk curfew will be in place until after the August 9, General Election.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here