- Advertisement -spot_img
HomeEducationDisharmony By Education Stakeholders In Handling CBC

Disharmony By Education Stakeholders In Handling CBC

- Advertisement -spot_img

Education stakeholders have given their views on the  Competence Based Curriculum (CBC) review with some expressing fears over a looming disaster in the education sector unless it was fixed.

However, Prof. Collins Odote,  a Team leader in, the Nyanza region, in the Presidential Working Party on Education Reforms cautioned respondents not to vilify the curriculum without providing solutions.

He urged them to embrace patriotism and sobriety saying it was their constitutional right and that their input even from the lowest stakeholder rank mattered.

Odote challenged the respondents to unravel the paradox of the CBC in terms of equity and management of bursaries in children’s education.

Kisii University vice-chancellor, Prof. John Akama criticized the current disharmony by stakeholders in handling the CBC issue which he said was resource intensive.

Akama claimed there was inadequate requisite infrastructure and human resource to implement the curriculum  in most schools recommending that the stakeholders read from the same script if they were to resolve  it.

Moses Kirioba,deputy secretary general,Universities Academic Staff Union(UASU),Kisii University, faulted  stakeholders irrespective of their social status for non -consultation on the new  education system.

According to unionist this was despite a looming congestion of about 1.2 million students at public universities upon grade 6 transition to junior secondary schools.

KUPPET chairman Kisii branch, Laban Ouko was concerned over the increased examination workload demanded by the CBC and suggested 40% be internal while the Kenya Examination Council handled the remaining 60%.

A representative of the local community, Charles Nyakundi,claimed CBC  had succeeded in some countries globally and recommended its adoption to among others address skill acquisition  and job market for sustainability.


- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img
Stay Connected
Must Read
- Advertisement -spot_img
Related News
- Advertisement -spot_img


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here