14-year-old girl Nursing Injuries After Electrocution

0
480

A 14-year-old girl is fighting for her life at the Narok Referral County Hospital after she was electrocuted while walking home from school at Elangata Nderit area in Narok South Sub County.

Following the incident, the residents marched to the Kenya Power Company offices in Narok town where they held a protest asking the power company to take responsibility for the injuries.

The area chief Patrick Moipei said the girl was shocked on Thursday last week but despite them reporting the incident to the Kenya Power Company, they have not responded.

He said that they reported the incident of the fallen posts that transmit power to Safaricom booster three weeks ago but the power company did not respond until the incident occurred.

John Tororoi, a parent of Elangata Nderit primary school said the community is saddened by the incident because of their negligence wondering why the post with live wires remained unattended for three weeks despite having reported to Kenya Power.

Tororoi said that the 14-year-old girl who is a candidate at Elangat Nderit primary school was rescued by the residents who took her to the hospital with serious burns in her body.

Patrick Kiyiapi, a teacher of the affected girl reiterated that the girl is a brilliant obedient girl who is expected to sit for her National examination in March this year.

He called for professional treatment so that the girl can go back to school and continue with her studies like her colleagues.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here